Friday 30 September 2011

Aw, little 'ole me - guest writer at TFFO?

God's Gift

Ages ago, the marvellous and witty Two Blokes, I mean Flash Fiction Offensive editor, Friday Prediction regular and crime writer of choice David Barber asked me if I'd care to submit something to TFFO as a Guest Writer. So I ermd and aaahd and of course, within seconds said 'Yes please' like some freckly toff schoolgirl with 'prefect' as a career move.

Then life happened. Shit happened. Loads of cruddy rubbish happened and I found myself stuck in inglorious mud - but I got there in the end.

The subject matter for 'God's Gift' came from a fleeting dream my old man had. I stole it (that's what demons do), elaborated and added the fiction... and the nasty bits... and the back story - oh well, you know how it goes.

Anyway, my apologies to David for committing so long ago - then making him wait and a huge thank you to him for this opportunity.

Read God's Gift at The Flash Fiction Offensive...
_____________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Lily, you should never apologise for writing a fantastic story, no matter how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete

Lily Childs is a writer of horror, esoteric, mystery and chilling fiction.

If you see her dancing outside in a thunder storm - don't try to bring her in. She's safe.